Baby Articles and Information Home
Welcome to our baby articles and baby information section where you will find lots of baby information for you and your baby. All information supplied here is a guide only as every baby is different. Baby safety should always come first.
Some simple baby safety tips for your baby, mainly use common sense:
- Think about what baby products your are buying. Do these baby products meet the baby safety requirements and is it correct for your baby's age group.
- Second hand baby products are not always safe for your baby, bear this in mind when buying second hand baby goods.
- Always try to be aware of hazards and potential risk around your baby
- Use approved child safety power plug blockers in all of your power points
- Examine baby products for any small parts which may become accessible to the your baby or child over time or which may detach or break
- Closely observe how your child or baby interacts with products such as toys
- Always try to supervise your child or baby
- Make sure your baby or child can not gain access to products older children may use which may be hazardous to your younger baby.
- Never assume that your baby or child will be able to eject items from their mouth which may be hazardous
- Don't leave hot water near edges of tables, etc.
- Watch that cooking handles on pans are not hanging over the stove top or within reach of your baby or child.
- Keep all medications locked away safely.
- Don't use a baby walker, there are over 200,000 baby accidents every year involving baby walkers. Your baby will learn to walk better without one.
- When using baby prams, remember to always use the brakes when the baby pram is stationary and make sure the straps supplied are secure.
- Never leave your baby alone to sleep in their pram. Baby prams are not a replacement for a baby cot or baby crib.
- Never leave your baby in a car alone.
- Never leave your baby alone in the bath. Many babies have drowned in baths!
- Always use an approved baby safety seat in a car that suits your baby or child's age and weight.
- Do not put young children or babies in the front seat, Air bags can kill young children and babies instantly.
These are just some things to remember, most are common sense!
Also if you need help with baby potty training, we have a free baby potty training information course to help you. You can subscribe from our home page.